At Finex credit union we are diligent in keeping abreast of security for our members. We have partnered with knowledgeable security experts to help alleviate fraud for our Card Holders. In the case of fraud, security breaches or transactional disputes we are providing you with the following information, tips and tools to help keep your accounts safe.
Action Steps in Cases of Fraud, Lost or Stolen Cards
If Your Finex Debit/ATM Card is Lost or Stolen
- BLOCK YOUR CARD IMMEDIATELY.
- During Business Hours Contact us at (860) 282-0001, ext 113 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org OR
- Use our 24/7 Automated Card Blocking system at (866) 546-8273
- Contact us at email@example.com to reissue a new Debit/ATM Card during business hours.
If you have been wrongly charged on your Finex Debit/ATM card.
- Call (800) 417-4592 to contact our Risk Management vendor to block your card
Contact the merchant to resolve unauthorized transactions.
If not resolved with the merchant, complete the appropriate Fraud Package and return requested documents to Finex.
- ATM Fraud (i.e., if you've gone to a non-Finex ATM and the requested amount was not dispensed but your account was charged).*
- Debit Fraud (Unauthorized transactions)*
*This information MUST be submitted to us no later than 60 days following the date of the first fraudulent transaction.
If You Are a Victim of A Large Data Breach
Finex will contact you to determine if your card has been comprised OR if you choose you can block your card (see instructions above) until further notification,
If Your Credit Card (VISA) is Lost, Stolen or if you have a transaction dispute
Contact Card Services at (800) 558-3424 (24/7 Coverage)
Security News & Information
National Cyber Security Awareness Month (Department of Homeland Security)
Debit Card Fraud At Walmart Discovered in 16 States (CSO online)
7 Reasons Your Debit Card Makes You a Target for Fraud (Magnify Money)
Credit Report Info
Finex works with our members to help monitor credit scores and offer tips on how to improve your credit scores We provide the following services:
- Annual Credit Score from TransUnion uploaded to your Homebanking account.
- One Time FREE Credit Score Enhancement consultation on improving your score.
- Credit Protection Plus Program
You can also visit www.Annualcreditreport.com to monitor your credit and receive a free copy of your credit report every 12 months from each credit reporting company.