3/13/20 Coronavirus UpdateMar 13, 2020
Finex is uniquely positioned to successfully continue operations during this pandemic. As a “wherever you are” credit union leading in video tellers, shared branching, flexible remote staff working, and closing loans from home we expect minimal disruptions to normal operations. That said we continue to take actions to strengthen our position including:
- Real time testing of video teller and call center operations from home
- Adding newly configured laptops that enable 80% of our staff to work from home
- Remote testing of Mortgage Markets CUSO pandemic plans
- Adding new pandemic emergency phone option to our call tree
- Testing the loan department work from home capabilities
As you know this pandemic situation is changing rapidly so we are readying plans to alter in person branch hours and staff as needed. There are no disruptions and we do not foresee any due to the many redundancies we have built into our operations. But let us reiterate key member considerations:
- If the state has issued any type of quarantine due to confirmed cases, or if you or any members of your household have been diagnosed with the Corona virus please alert us so we can take preventative measures to protect other members
- If you are sick, it is better to err on the side of caution and stay home. Please do not come to a branch and put other members at risk
- Finex members should use drive throughs, mobile app, and home banking instead of in branch services whenever possible. Using wipes and gloves at drive through would be greatly appreciated.
- Shared branch members can only do transactions in branch so please check our website as we will likely alter hours next week depending on the circumstances.
We expect to be capable of operating Finex for 3 months remotely by the end of next week even though there are no plans to do so. You can continue to contact us as normal however we will have a special virus hotline in place next week.
We believe we are in excellent shape today but cannot be complacent given the threats. This is all about being proactive in preparing for an uncertain future. The social distancing guidelines being implemented on a wide scale have taken this to the next level but know that we are on it and well positioned.